A very warm welcome to Manta Season of 2019.
As we have started counting the days of May, we kindly advise users of Hanifaru Protected Area when visiting the area, to strictly follow the Hanifaru Management Plan and hereby highlight the following:
1. Please follow Hanifaru schedule when visiting Hanifaru MPA.
2. Inform Ranger HOTLINE 7905949 prior to visiting Hanifaru MPA.
3. Access Permits 2018/2019 is available from BR Office (Eydhafushi) and EPA (Male’).
4. Access Permits purchased in 2018 is valid until the end of May 2018.
5. New Access Permits for 2019/2020 will be available from BR Office and Male’ from 1 June 2019 onwards.
6. At a time there can only be maximum of 8 vessels at Hanifaru excluding the Ranger Vessel (5 at moorings and 3 at the waiting area), please make sure to follow this to avoid unnecessary hassles.
7. Although at present it is 1 GUIDE per 10 GUESTS, please look out for the weather, if the weather turns bad make necessary arrangements prior to arriving Hanifaru MPA to have enough GUIDES to look after the guests in the water .
8. Captains of vessels should use a separate rope to moor at Hanifaru when using the existing mooring bouys.
9. As Videography and Photography of Hanifaru requires special permission please ensure that you have all the necessary permits in hand if and when requested by the Rangers.
10. The use of DRONES for any purpose is strictly prohibited at Hanifaru without prior written permission from BR OFFICE.
11. It is the responsibility of HANIFARU TOUR GUIDES to ensure that Hanifaru Regulation is being followed and to ensure that GUESTS as well as BOAT CAPTAINS and CREW are aware of it and is being abided and If there is a breach of Regulation, action will be taken against the TOUR GUIDES.
Wishing all a wonderful Manta season
Copyright © 2013, Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Office