Hajj and Eid Holidays 2019
BR Office wishes to inform all that the Office will be closed during the upcoming Hajj and Eid Holidays beginning 9th to 18th August 2018 and advise all to make the necessary arrangements prior to the holiday period in relation to acquisition of all necessary permits to visit the protected areas.
Therefore those who wish to purchase Hanifaru and Mendhoo Protected Area Access Permits have to do so before the holiday period. Although BR Office will be closed during the holidays Ranger services will be provided throughout the holiday period.
We would also wish to notify that all are required to call the Ranger HOTLINE 7905949 prior to visiting Hanifaru Protected Area.
Wishing you all a blessed Hajj and a happy Eid.
Hanifaru Season 2019
A very warm welcome to Manta Season of 2019.
As we have started counting the days of May, we kindly advise users of Hanifaru Protected Area when visiting the area, to strictly follow the Hanifaru Management Plan and hereby highlight the following:
1. Please follow Hanifaru schedule when visiting Hanifaru MPA.
2. Inform Ranger HOTLINE 7905949 prior to visiting Hanifaru MPA.
3. Access Permits 2018/2019 is available from BR Office (Eydhafushi) and EPA (Male’).
4. Access Permits purchased in 2018 is valid until the end of May 2018.
5. New Access Permits for 2019/2020 will be available from BR Office and Male’ from 1 June 2019 onwards.
6. At a time there can only be maximum of 8 vessels at Hanifaru excluding the Ranger Vessel (5 at moorings and 3 at the waiting area), please make sure to follow this to avoid unnecessary hassles.
7. Although at present it is 1 GUIDE per 10 GUESTS, please look out for the weather, if the weather turns bad make necessary arrangements prior to arriving Hanifaru MPA to have enough GUIDES to look after the guests in the water .
8. Captains of vessels should use a separate rope to moor at Hanifaru when using the existing mooring bouys.
9. As Videography and Photography of Hanifaru requires special permission please ensure that you have all the necessary permits in hand if and when requested by the Rangers.
10. The use of DRONES for any purpose is strictly prohibited at Hanifaru without prior written permission from BR OFFICE.
11. It is the responsibility of HANIFARU TOUR GUIDES to ensure that Hanifaru Regulation is being followed and to ensure that GUESTS as well as BOAT CAPTAINS and CREW are aware of it and is being abided and If there is a breach of Regulation, action will be taken against the TOUR GUIDES.
Wishing all a wonderful Manta season
Upcoming Hajj and Eid Holidays 2018
BR Office wishes to inform all that the Office will be closed during the upcoming Hajj and Eid Holidays beginning 17 to 24 August 2018 and advise all to make the necessary arrangements prior to the holiday period in relation to acquisition of Hanifaru Access Permits.
Haniifaru Access Permits are available from Ministry of Environment and Energy and Baa Atoll Biosphere Reserve Office in Eydhafushi during office hours.
Therefore those who wish to purchase Hanifaru Access Permit should do so before the holiday period and should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to call BR Office or Ranger hotline 7905949 on this matter.
Although BR Office will be closed during the holidays Ranger facilities will be provided throughout the holiday period.
We would also wish to inform all you are required to call the Ranger HOTLINE 7905949 prioir to visiting Hanifaru Protected Area.
Manta Aggregation filming at Hanifaru Marine Protected Area
This is to inform you that the following permit has been granted to undertake Manta Aggregation filming at Hanifaru Marine Protected Area by the Environmental Protection Agency of Maldives (EPA).
Permit Bearer: Mr.Patrick Dykstra
Purpose of Permit:
Filming Manta Aggregation for Discovery Channel and Underdog Productions
Duration and Time
a) 7 July to 12 July 2018 (6.00am to 6.00pm))
b) 4 August to 9 August 2018 (6.00am to 6.00pm)
c) 3 September to 8 September 2018 (6.00am to 6.00pm)
No of personnel involved: 05
The VIDEOGRAPHY and PHOTOGRAPHY permit has been granted to Mr.Patrick Dykstra based on the application received by EPA by him only to conduct PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY in Hanifaru Marine Protected Area and any other activity such as research/investigation/sampling/tagging etc. is strictly prohibited to the bearer of this permit
Therefore we kindly advise all involved to take note of this.
Need to call Ranger HOTLINE (7905949)
As the Hanifaru Season 2018 officially starts on 1 June Baa Atoll Biosphere Reserve Office wishes to inform all that, all those who wish to visit Hanifaru Marine Protected Area are required to contact BR Office prior to visiting the area.
This arrangement has been made in order to facilitate and manage the work undertaken by BR Office together working with its partners to avoid all unnecessary hassles which may arise.
Therefore all those who wish to visit Hanifaru MPA are advised to call RANGER HOTLINE 7905949 when visiting the area.
The BR Office appreciate and thank work undertaken by all in managing Baa Atoll Biosphere Reserve and hope that this arrangement which was made last season will be followed this year as well.